Saturday 2 February 2013

Pic of the Week . . . Mark Molnar

Bonjour all

Allow me to introduce you to Mark Molnar.  (Check out his blog here)

He's an extremely talented digital concept artist/illustrator working in the entertainment industry and developing projects for international game, film and animation companies.


Apart from his magnificent pieces - which I'm fortunate enough to see everytime he blogs - the one thing that draws me to him is the fact that he uses programs like Photoshop on levels that I can only dream of.  I may be talented with a pencil and be able to throw together a book cover quite confidently, but there's still so much more to know when it comes to programs like these, and one day I'd love to learn.

For today (again, a day late.  Sorry) I couldn't make up my mind which of his pieces to use, so I've gone for two.  AND, if you get a spare few, check out his video below on 'speedpainting' and watch him create a masterpiece.  His confidence astounds me :)

So anyway, enjoy and have a good weekend - what's left of it :)

Floating Mountains


Whale Watching

 
Speedpainting



1 comment: