Friday 10 June 2011

Pic of the Week . . . Dave McKean

And I thought I had everything planned. Musing over my usual blogs this morning, I noticed that one blogger (SuperZero - everyone say Hi) mentions his favourite artist. Dave McKean. I've never heard of him, but the curiousity got the better of me - and me being me, I had to Google him. This threw all my planning out of the window.

Introducing Dave McKean.

He incorporates drawing, painting, photography, collage, found objects, digital art and sculpture into his work, and some of his pieces are rather interesting. But this wasn't the only thing that caught my attention.

Talk about Jack Of All Trades - and Master Of Them ALL . . .

Not only does he produce Art like this, he is also an illustrator, photographer, comic book artist, graphic designer, filmmaker and musician. I then discovered something else. He also created some of the fantastic original artwork that can be found in the Hardback edition of Stephen King's The Dark Tower: Wizard and Glass - as well as smaller pieces that can be found in other editions (although the Picture below is not from this gallery).

For this alone he deserves a slot in this week's Pic of the Week.

Enjoy!


2 comments: