Monday 9 November 2009

Novel Going's On . . .

Those of you who know me are in knowledge of this already, but for those few who don't I'm going to share with you now.

I finished my novel a little while ago and am now in editing process.

I've made all the big changes that I feel it needs and am now going through it again just to make sure that everything flows nicely before handing it over to my trusted friends for a good critique. I've given myself a deadline of January (sometime within), and by this time I want it as ready as it can be before I take up the challenge of finding an agent. I already have a list of hopefuls.

I have managed to cut my word count to 130,000 now, which I think is a reasonable amount for a novel - if not still a little too long. It's a fantasy tale titled `The Calming of Gorthian,` and I'm sure it will earn me a hundred rejection slips that I can use to decorate my walls (and it's a large wall, so I will be persistent).

I'll keep you informed . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment