Friday 9 October 2009

Very First Blog of Many . . .

Hi there. I'd like to say `Welcome to my Blog`, but that just sounds far too cheesy for my liking. Seeing as though this is the first of my personal blogs, I'd like to start by saying something that catches your eyes, something that may just make you read on to the end - and then even come back for a second blog, so . . . welcome to my blog!

Allow me to introduce myself first. I'm a 28 year old aspiring writer who at the moment is in the editing process of their 13th novel (Is it 13 or 14? I can't remember. I'll come back to you on that). I've been writing since the age of 10 when I started my first real fantasy story, and finished it two years later at the age of 12. It was a total of 76 hand scrawled A4 pages long and fully illustrated. Since then there hasn't been a moment gone by that I haven't been writing something. It has been a passion that has seen me through my teen years all the way through to my adult life, and it is still going strong.

Two years ago I joined my local Writers Circle. I met and made many new friends who share this passion with me, and every week we meet up to discuss our work, write some (sometimes rather amusing) exercises, and generally help each other in our quest towards the same goal - getting published. Our aim is not to teach you how to write a bloody good piece, but rather to give you the support that you need and maybe point out errors that you wouldn't necessarily see. It's been a god-send to me, and I haven't looked back. I advice all aspiring writers to join one.

Anyway, the exercises we write can sometimes churn out some rather short but fantastic story ideas. Whether or not we choose to use these ever again is completely down to us, but I feel to just let them sit in your note pad doing nothing is a waste. This is why I have started this blog, so I can share some of these with you. Some of the pieces we drag out from the top of our heads can often be very bizarre. This is why have called them WTF's (What The F**k's), as you may read them and think exactly that. Very fitting in my mind.

But not only will I be publishing some rather strange but wonderful pieces here, I'll also use this blog to chat about writing in general, and if any readers out there feel they need support or have a question to ask . . . I'll be here. I'm not saying I know all there is about writing (if I did I'm sure I'd be published by now) but just like our Writer's Circle, I can offer support, ideas and advice.

Use me as you will . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment